Dover Mini Maker Faire Volunteer Information
Thank you for your interest in being a volunteer at Dover Mini Maker Faire! We depend on volunteer participation to make Dover Mini Maker Faire a success.
Volunteer Requirements and Time Commitments
Volunteer shifts are approximately 3 hours in length with a little extra required at the beginning of some shifts to help the transition between arriving and departing volunteers. If you commit to volunteering, you will need to commit to at least one 3-hour block but you are welcome to volunteer for more. Additionally, some volunteer jobs may require a time commitment for training which will be held prior to the Dover Mini Maker Faire.
We require volunteers to be at least 16 years old, and volunteers must provide their own transportation to and from the Dover Mini Maker Faire and any necessary training sessions.
These are the roles that we currently expect that we will need volunteers to fill:
- Setup/Tear-Down: Help Makers load-in and setup their booths on Friday evening and Saturday morning, assist with hanging banners, signs, flags, etc. Saturday Tear-Down volunteers are asked to assist Makers in the swift removal of their equipment, stacking chairs, folding up tables, removing banners, signs, flags, etc. This job has the potential to be physically demanding.
- Ticket Sales and Ticket Taking: Sell tickets, take tickets, help with pre-sold check-ins, distribute wristbands, monitor venue entrances and exits.
- Merchandise & Water Sales: Sell maker-related merchandise and t-shirts.
- Check-in and Information Booth: First point of contact for makers and volunteers. Assist makers in finding their table and provide badges. Briefly orient makers to layout and available services. Check-in and check-out volunteers and maintain the list of active volunteers. Answer attendee questions and help visitors plan their day.
- Maker Assistance: Respond to odd jobs from staff such as re-stocking drinks, helping the exhibitors move things, standing in at exhibitor booths if they need a break, or helping any of the other jobs as the need arises.
- Dover Mini Maker Faire T-Shirt
- Free entrance to the event
- Free entrance to the invitation-only Makers party held the night before the Dover Mini Maker Faire
- Our unending gratitude and appreciation
Please click here for our volunteer form.